Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our little man is growing up…

So I was putting Jordin to bed this week, and he looks up at me and says “Daddy Greg, I don’t want to use my DeeDee anymore – I want to save it for my baby brother” (that’s what he calls his blanket).

I asked him if he was sure, and he said yes – he handed it over to me and instructed me to fold it and put it up on a shelf in his closet to save it.

I told him that he should go up and tell Mommy about it, so he jumps up and runs upstairs.  He tells Ashley that he doesn’t want to use his DeeDee anymore and that we folded it up and put it in the closet to save it – then he says “wait, I want to ask God something”

He folds his hand, bows his head, and closes his eyes, and softly says “God, please bring me a baby brother” – Ash and I both got a little teary-eyed as she gave him a hug goodnight.

1 comment: